Stage 3 – Contact Guide/Interpreter
The purpose of this stage is to start direct contact with some of the people that you will be working with in your country. Each team will be assigned a personal guide/interpreter to accommodate your schedule. With the use of e-mails, digital cameras, and services through Skype, we can make introductions with the team leader and the Business Host.
Marketplace Ministry Awareness Assignment
1. Read one of the books from the Book List provided in the introductory section.
2. Complete a short paragraph summary about the book that you have read, and e-mail it to your team leader as an encouragement. If you prefer, you may discuss the book at your next team meeting.
Presentation Development Assignment
1. Read chapter #7 of Inspire Any Audience by Tony Jeary – “Exceeding Expectations” (pages 131 through 144). This chapter reveals:
a) The importance of doing more than is expected in your presentations.
b) How to set and exceed expectations.
c) How to use your audience members’ names.
d) How to make audience members the stars of your presentation.
2. Fill in the blanks in the book or complete work sheets provided from the book.
Cultural Awareness Assignment
1. Practice the greetings and goodbyes along with short phrases in the native language of the country you will be visiting.
2. Look for opportunities to speak with someone who is native to the country you will be visiting.
3. Request information on the proper dress for the Business Mission Trip and country.
Continue with daily devotions and fellowship time with the Lord.
6) As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him: 7) Rooted and built up in him, and established in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
1. Prepare for packing. Make a checklist of wardrobe and items that you will want to bring with you on your trip. GBSF has, upon request, tips and reminders for packing.
2. Make arrangements for drop off and pick up from airport or meeting place of team.
Plan on arriving at the airport with plenty of time to spare.
3. Review the entire checklist to make sure all is in order.
Printable Version of CountdownToLaunch