Stage 4 – Finalize Presentation of Materials
The purpose of this stage is to finalize the materials that will be presented. We will forward the outlines and basic materials ahead of our arrival so the presentations can be prepared for translation. This will also enable the Business Host to advertise you and your topics.
Marketplace Ministry Awareness Assignments
1. Read one of the books from the Book List provided in the introductory section.
2. Complete a short paragraph summary about the book that you have read, and e-mail it to your team leader as an encouragement. If you prefer, you may discuss the highlights of the book at the next team meeting.
Presentation Development Assignments
1. Read chapter #6 of Inspire Any Audience by Tony Jeary – “Setting the Right Tone” (pages 113 through 129).
This chapter reveals:
a) The importance of setting the right tone for your presentation.
b) How tone affects the audience’s perception of you.
c). How to establish a conversational tone with even the largest groups.
d) How little things affect your presentation.
2. Fill in the blanks in the book or complete work sheets provided from the book.
Cultural Awareness Assignment
1. Read booklet by Joan Summerfield regarding cultural sensitivity, or other similar material.
2. Take the complete short quiz on the booklet by Joan Summerfield. The quiz is accessible via Internet, and features allow you to retake any segment of the test until all the answers are answered correctly.
Continue your daily devotions and fellowship with the Lord. Ask the Lord to give you wisdom, discernment, and strength.
5) If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6) But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7) For let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the Lord. 8) A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
1. Finish the lessons that will be taught in:
a) Business Mentoring
b) University Lectures
c) Biblical Teachings
2. Work on presenting material with the idea of using an interpreter. After one or two sentences, pause and allow time for interpreter to translate. GBSF has practice material such as a comical skit for group participation. This is available upon request.
3. Catch up on any reading assignments.
Printable Version of CountdownToLaunch