Stage 6 – Finalize Departure/Return & Purchase Airline Tickets
The purpose of this stage is to confirm the departure and return times and purchase the airline tickets. The price of the Business Mission Trip does not include the cost of the airfare. Individuals are to make specific arrangements including the use of airline frequent flyer miles. Normally, the Church Leadership Team selects a specific flight on which the entire group will fly together. GBSF allows those details to be worked out within the team. However, it is important to confirm the airline and time of arrival to the specified city, so that GBSF can continue to plan the in-country trip details.
Marketplace Ministry Awareness Assignments
1. Read one of the books from the Book List provided in the introductory section.
2. Complete a short paragraph summary about the book that you have read, and e-mail it to your team leader as an encouragement. If you prefer, you may discuss the highlights of the book at the next team meeting.
Presentation Development Assignments
1. Read chapter #4 in Inspire Any Audience by Tony Jeary– “The First Three Minutes” (pages 83 through 99).
This chapter reveals:
a) How to get off to a great start by building rapport and earning respect.
b) A collection of audience-grabbing openers, the four “audience-tensions” and how to alleviate them.
2. Jot down and review, “Very Important Points To Remember” on page 99. Fill in your favorite tips from the chapter in the book. Be prepared to discuss them at next team meeting.
Cultural Awareness Assignment
1. Search and identify the social background of the region. How is the social structure set up? Family? Male roles? Female roles? How do the sexes interact? Carefully and prayerfully consider if any opposition might need to be overcome from your presentation that may conflict with their social ideology.
2. Identify more key words that will be helpful to learn in the native language of the country you will be visiting. For example: “Thank you”, “That was very good”, “What is your name?” etc.
Suggested areas of prayer: traveling grace and safety, easy adjustments, protection, and guidance. This will help eliminate mistakes that may cause harm to the work of the Christians in the nation. Pray for a spirit of unity with team members and host. Don’t forget to pray for those to whom you will be speaking.
Psalms 91: 1-4 KJV
1) He that dwells in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2) I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in Him will I trust.”3) Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. 4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Ephesians 4: 1-3KJV
1) I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2) With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3) Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
1. Confirm that everyone has passports with a copy on file at the GBSF office.
2. Confirm that at least the second payment of $331.67 for trip cost has been paid.
3. Submit a written copy of the lessons that will be taught in:
a) Business Mentoring
b) University Lectures
c) Biblical Teachings
4. Purchase airline tickets and secure a confirmation number. Make sure you know the guidelines regarding your flight (number of bags allowed on the primary carrier in each direction and weight allowance per piece and size of luggage permitted). Check to find out what is forbidden to bring. Airlines have specific rules, and so do the nations.
5. Check with yout team leader for any extra requirements or documents such as a Tourist Form or (FMT)
Printable Version of CountdownToLaunch