Stage 7 – Application and Presentation Approved
The purpose of this stage is to confirm that each applicant and his/her presentation for the Business Mission Trip are approved. The Church Leadership Team, a Business Host, and GBSF/Stateside Coordinator will review all pertinent information for the trip. Some reasons that applicants may not be approved are if they have:
1. Never had a Salvation Experience with the Lord Jesus Christ as explained and described in Biblical scriptures such as; John 3:16, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Romans 5:8, Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 10:9-10, John 1:12.
GBSF is a Christian organization. The purpose of these trips is designed to assist churches and Christian business men and women to share their gifts and knowledge in business as a service and ministry to the Lord Jesus.
2. Recently gone through a traumatic life experience. These trips are designed to allow business people within the Christian Community to minister out of their supply of knowledge and from a healthy well-being. The trips are not to be used as a means of an escape or as substitute for properly dealing with the healing and restoration needed after a crisis. For example: recent divorce, recent death in the immediate family, etc.
During the course of the approval process, subsequent interviews may be necessary to determine if waiting for a future trip is in the best interest of the applicant and all parties involved. The monies received from applicant to GBSF (excluding the applicant fee) will be refunded if it is determined that the applicant is denied acceptance.
Marketplace Ministry Awareness Assignment
1. Read one of the books from the Book List provided in the introductory section.
2. Write a short paragraph summary about the book that you have read, and e-mail it to your team leader as an encouragement. If you prefer, you may discuss the highlights of the book at the next team meeting.
Presentation Development Assignment
1. Read chapter #3 of Inspire Any Audience by Tony Jeary – “Nervous to Natural” (pages 67 through 80). This chapter reveals:
a) Proven methods for calming the jitters and gaining a confident state of mind.
b) Tips on how to bond with your audience and how to cause enthusiasm to rise from the ashes of your nervousness.
2. Jot down your favorite tips from the chapter and discuss with team leader via e-mail or at next team meeting.
Cultural Awareness Assignment
1. Research the religious and political background of the people in the region you will be visiting.
2. Consider how these may differ from Christianity and a representative democratic society.
3. Continue practicing simple greetings and phrases in the nation’s native tongue.
Take a few moments to develop a routine of journaling. Journaling is an excellent way to both record and process what God is speaking to you. Keep up the journaling especially while on the Business Mission Trip. Journaling will help you to remember and more accurately share your experiences with your family, friends, and GBSF. We appreciate your feedback; this helps us as we continue to strive for excellence and make adjustments that will improve our services.
1) I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved. 2) And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tablets, that he may run that readeth it.
4) For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
1. Confirm that GBSF has all information needed for Travel Insurance and Emergency Evacuation Policy.
2. Review, sign, and return the prepared “Risk Disclaimer” that releases your church, GBSF, and individuals related to the trip.
3. Media & Photo release – Review and sign release.
4. Continue to work on the lessons that will be taught in:
a) Business Mentoring
b) University Lectures
c) Biblical Teachings
Printable Version of CountdownToLaunch