Stage 8 – Personal Profile/Skill Survey
The purpose of this stage is to help you and your team leader review your personal profile and survey your skills. This should help you create a clearer agenda for your presentations on the Business Mssion Trip. The concept of teamwork and the responsibility of working within the Business Mission Trip system guidelines are important. They help each participant understand his or her significance in the bigger picture that God is developing. As you step out in faith and share your talents in business on a global scale, you and the people you are sharing with are blessed and empowered. The results of this type of exchange have exponential returns for all involved. Similarly to the International Space Station Program, systems are set in place that enable several launches to separate expeditions while accomplishing an interconnectivity of ongoing work and growth.
Marketplace Ministry Awareness Assignment
1. Read one of the books from the Book List provided in the introductory section.
2. Complete a short paragraph summary about the book that you have read, and e-mail it to your team leader as an encouragement. If you prefer, you may discuss the highlights of the book at the next team meeting.
Presentation Development Assignment
1. Read chapter #2 of Inspire Any Audience by Tony Jeary – “Developing and Rehearsing Your Presentation” (pages 49 – 65). This chapter reveals:
a) How to build a three-dimensional outline.
b) How to develop a presentation from beginning to end and how to rehearse what you have developed.
2. Make copies and fill out the 3-D Outline on page 60.
3. Prepare note cards as discussed on page 61.
4. Discuss your presentations with your team leader.
Cultural Awareness Assignment
1. Use Google or a similar search engine to identify some fun or interesting facts about the country and culture you will be visiting.
2. Share and exchange these facts with your team. This will help create a greater appreciation for the experience of participating in the different cultural events and sight seeing adventures that the Business Host plans for the trip.
3. Continue to practice some simple greetings and sentences in the country’s native language.
In your time with the Lord, you may want to take a few moments to express what you are hoping to see God do in and through you on the trip. For example: God, teach me to see people throughout the world as you see them. Let me experience and express your love and life in tangible ways. Help me in my preparation and communication of the materials you would have me present.
3) Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. 4) Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. 5) Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him and he shall bring it to pass.
Proverbs 16: 3 KJV
3) Commit thy works to the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.
1. Payment Due – Full payment of $995.00 is due 30 days prior to departure. Contact team leader or GBSF if you need to discuss a possible payment schedule.
2. Immunizations – Update your immunization record to include any immunizations or boosters that may be required. To find out what the required and recommended immunizations are for the country you will be visiting, contact your local health department or the Center for Disease Control athttp://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/. Click on “Destinations.”
3. If you have certain health issues or restrictions, please discuss these with your team leader. Also be sure to inform your family physician of your travel plans.
Printable Version of CountdownToLaunch