Stage 9 – Orientation
The purpose of this stage is to confirm that your orientation is well under way.
Marketplace Ministry Awareness Assignment
Read Unlimited Partnership – God and the Businessman by Bob Yandian. Complete a short paragraph summary about the book, and e-mail it to your group leader. If you prefer, you may discuss the highlights of the book at the next team meeting.
Presentation Development Assignment
Prayerfully consider and list your gifts, skills, and interests that could be put into service on this trip. Remember that as you develop your abstract, it is best to focus on one primary gifting that God has blessed you with and allow this to flow throughout your presentation.
1. Read chapter #1 of Inspire Any Audience by Tony Jeary Chapter – Defining Your Objective (pages 33 through 47). This chapter reveals:
a) How can I learn what my audience members think, want, and expect?
b) Why it is critical to identify my objectives before I begin to develop my presentation?
c) How can I use the “Funneling Process,” five simple steps that will help me define my objectives before I begin to develop my presentation?
2. Review “In Summary” and “Very Important Points to Remember” on pages 46 & 47 of Inspire Any Audience by Tony Jeary.
As you develop your topic and presentation, keep in mind the meeting venues and the main aspects of the business mission trip, which include:
a) Business Mentoring
b) University or School Lectures
c) Biblical Teaching
Cultural Awareness Assignment
1. Explore and familiarize yourself with the country, climate, and culture you will visit by gathering information from the Internet. We suggest that you use Google or a similar search engine; simply type the name of your country and/or city.
2. Locate a map of the country and region on the Internet or other source.
3. Practice saying “hello” and “goodbye,” along with some other simple phrases in the native language of the country you will be visiting. Again, the Internet is a great source for information.
Continue spending daily time alone with the Lord. Your relationship with God is vital. Please do not confuse what you are doing FOR God with your relationship WITH Him. Before, during, and after a mission trip, nurture your bond with the Lord. You cannot expect to fulfill the plans God has for you if you do not take time for personal spiritual formation. Without it, you cannot sense His full leading. Spiritual formation is the development of the inner life. In doing this, a person experiences Christ as the source of life, reflects more Christ-like characteristics, and increasingly knows the power and presence of Christ. This is done through spending time with Jesus in His Word and in prayer.
John 15:1–5 KJV
1) I AM the true vine,” and my Father is the husbandman. 2) Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3) Now ye are clean through the word, which I have spoken unto you. 4) Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 5) I am the vine; ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
1. Passport – provide a copy of your passport. If you do not have a current passport, you must apply immediately. This process can sometimes take up to 6 weeks. Check your phone directory or search the Internet for contact information to your local passport office. For information and forms online, go to:http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html. Please contact us if you need assistance.
2. Biography (or resume) – provide a copy of your biography (or resume), which should include education, work experience, family relationships, etc.
3. Picture – provide a recent picture. Your photo may be used in media for advertising in the country you will be visiting.
4. Outline – Identify the topic of your lesson that will be taught in the areas of:
a) Business Mentoring
b) University Lectures
c) Biblical Teachings
Copies of these materials may be sent via mail or email.
Global Business Success Foundation
2017 W. Rockport St.
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Printable Version of CountdownToLaunch